Drew D’Agostino is the founder of CrystalKnows.com. Martin Brossman, Greg Hyer and Elyse Archer talk with Drew about how his application helps accelerate trust by helping you discover your prospect’s personality based on their social media activity.
Drew shares that most interpersonal problems are caused by a misunderstanding of communication. In Sales, this couldn’t be more accurate. He approached this problem by combining a few passions of his: the DISC assessment, machine learning and language processing.
Drew explained why he built an application like Crystal. First, he realized that everyone has a certain personality online. By using the data we share, machine learning and language processing he was able to determine that people have distinct personalities online. By combining this data with inputs we and those that know us have, Crystal is able to build a personality profile that helps us use the right tone and style when writing to prospects we don’t know well yet.
Crystal was not designed to prove an academic perspective. Matter of fact, very little academic insights fueled the creation of Crystal. It was designed for three purposes in mind:
- Understand yourself – Free
- Understand your friends and contacts to improve 1 to 1 communications
- Matching people and providing relationship advice – Similar to DISC assessment
Try out CrystalKnows.com for free by visiting the link below. Be sure to add the Google Chrome extension to get the full effect of Crystal on Gmail, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Show Notes Links
Social Selling News
- LinkedIn hackers release accounts and passwords from 2012 hack.
- Check out our latest video on how to set up 2-Step Verification to protect your account from unauthorized access. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYOge2nseB8
- Welcome Liam Haplin to LinkedIn Ireland as the new head of Sales Solutions for EMEA
Visit SocialSelling.Training to start your online training. Register and we will start your training off for free with two courses; Linking Profile Fundamental for the Social Seller and Twitter Profile Fundamentals for the Social Seller. In addition, we will show you how the path to social selling was blazed in our “Introduction to Social Selling” lesson. These courses are free and will be updated as changes are rolled out to LinkedIn and Twitter. Visit SocialSelling.Training to register today.
The Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales is sponsored in kind by North Carolina State University – Technology Training Solutions. Please be sure to visit to learn more about their professional continuing education opportunities so you too can sharpen your technology skills and remain competitive in your industry.
Audio Run-time: 54:32
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales