Greg Hyer, Martin Brossman and Elyse Archer speak with Peoplelinx CMO, Michael Idinopulos, about their social selling tool and their 2015 social selling survey regarding enterprise adoption.
Elyse Archer is a new addition to the podcast. She is a sales coach and a digital marketer. Greg and Martin feel that her experience would be a great addition to Linking into Sales. Look for her to join Greg and Martin on future shows.
The Peoplelinx platform recommends the right actions for a sales person to take when it comes to the relationship with the prospect or customer. Peoplelinx is not a replacement for the sales professional. Rather, they enable the sales person with data that leads to a positive outcome. There is a proprietary predictive AI under the hood that does a bit of behavioral learning based on previous engagement results.
In the 2015 State of Social Selling Survey:
- 73% of B2B Sales professionals think that social has value for selling
- 31% say it's part of their sales process.
- 26% understand how to do social selling.
- More in their 30's and 40's are having difficulty with social selling than millennials and boomers.
Is there an issue within Sales Management encouraging social selling activities? Possibly. It appears that the main challenge is that sales management doesn't know enough about social selling to train or measure performance.
- Only 22% of B2B employers encourage social selling.
- 11% of B2B sales professionals get employer paid training in social selling.
- 6% of employers measure social selling activities
Does social selling training actually help the organization? We think the results are pretty clear. Those that get training outperform those that don't.
- 38% of B2B Sales teams that don't received social selling training say they had recent business influenced by social.
- 74%of B2B Sales teams that did received social selling training say they had recent business influenced by social
Please visit Peoplelinx to get the full State of Social Selling 2015 report.
Audio Run-time: 25:35
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales