Greg Hyer and Martin Brossman want to help you get the most out of 2012 by sharing some Social Media and Productivity apps that will help any salesperson do their job better. In this podcast episode, they review a number of social networks to look into and apps that you can use on your smartphone and your computers.
Run time: 28:04
Podcast Show Notes:
- Create a Google Plus Business Page
- Understanding Plus 1 and it’s impact on search results.
- Google customizing the Google Search experience based on your circles and what they share
- Update it. Make sure that the copy is relevant to your company as Google will index it.
- Update the Services and Products pages
- Understand Status Updates and how they update your followers
- Understand that competitors will be following your page and be careful with what you share
- Follow you competitors, stay informed
- Update your profile with your most current position, skills, volunteer work.
- Re-arranging your profile
SocialCRM – CRM with a connection to your social networks like Facebook, twitter, Linkedin
Note: Have a strong password when using cloud based services
Raplets – Using Google Chrome with Gmail and Google Apps and connect your social profiles and aggregating your connections data with recent updates
- Evernote – Free with an upgrade option. Great for small and large businesses
- Mindmaps – FreePlane.org
- ManyMoon / Do.com – Purchased by SalesForce.com and Google Apps
- SpringPad – Barcode scanner, take notes, pictures, share with friends
Up and coming social networks
- SlideShare – Picking up steam again
- Pinterest – Picture and video interest boards, like pinning to a bulletin board. popular amount female users, creating great lick backs for commerce sites.
- Google+ – Create circles for Friends, customers, Hangouts with customers
- Instagram – Social photo sharing, using filters to enhance photos. Android app coming soon. Connects to Facebook and Twitter to enhance sharing
- SocialCam – Share video from your phone into SocialCam app and Facebook.
- Bump – Share contact card
- CardMunch by LinkedIn, Take pictures of business cards and convert to contacts
- HeyTell – Push-to-talk app. Free, great alternative to text messages. Drive safer!
- Bobsled by T-Mobile – Call friends on Facebook, leave voicemail, iPhone, iPad, Android and Chrome app. When leaving voicemail, understand that the message us public on the friend’s wall. Works on 3G and Wifi. Direct Dial calling, cannot choose what number you are calling from.
- Newsy – Multi-source news outlet. Video clips of stories from multiple sources, including CNN, MSNBC, Fox, blogs, social networks, etc.
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales