There is no social selling in social commerce.
Martin Brossman, Greg Hyer and Elyse Archer discuss the confusion retailers and direct sellers are creating by adopting the term “social selling.” So, to set the record straight, Greg explains why simple transactions that happen as a result of an engagement between a retailer or seller with a consumer is social commerce and not social selling. You will understand why social selling developed to address relationship building in complex sales cycles and not simple transactions.
Social Selling News Discussion
- LinkedIn adds Gmail and CRM Integration into Sales Navigator
- LinkedIn moves into video, starting with Quora-style Q&A from Influencers
- Twitter announces #Stickers for photos
- FullContact acquires Conspire
- Hubspot Post: What Sales Reps Should Be Doing On LinkedIn Every Day, Week, Month, and Quarter
B2B Social Selling Training Online
Visit SocialSelling.Training to access the most comprehensive online social selling training available. Register and we will start your training off for free with two courses; Linking Profile Fundamental for the Social Seller and Twitter Profile Fundamentals for the Social Seller. In addition, we will show you how the path to social selling was blazed in our “Introduction to Social Selling” lesson. These courses are free and will be updated as changes are rolled out to LinkedIn and Twitter. Visit SocialSelling.Training to register today.
Thank you to our Sponsor
The Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales is sponsored in kind by North Carolina State University – Technology Training Solutions. Please be sure to visit to learn more about their professional continuing education opportunities so you too can sharpen your technology skills and remain competitive in your industry.
Audio Run-time: 39:24
The Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support sales and buying cycles and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales