Here’s your social selling tip of the day for February 14, 2020. I’m Greg Hyer of Linking into Sales.
Happy Valentine’s Day. Relationships are critical to sales, let alone social selling. A challenge that some salespeople face is the ability to develop a relationship. Social selling has given us access to a lot of the information we need to get a relationship started but when it comes to maintaining the relationship we need to bring in some additional resources.
In honor of Valentine’s Day, here are 8 steps you can take to maintain a healthy sales relationship.
- Be aware of what you and your prospect want from this relationship.
- Make each other aware what your needs are.
- Realize that you will not be able to meet all your prospect’s needs. Some of these needs will have to be met elsewhere.
- Be willing to negotiate and compromise.
- Don’t expect a prospect to change so that they meet all your expectations. Work to accept the differences between your ideal buyer persona and the prospect.
- Consider your prospect’s point of view too. You don’t have to agree all the time, just respect each other’s differences, points of view, and needs.
- Where critical differences do exist in your prospect’s expectations, needs, or opinions, try to work honestly and sincerely to negotiate. Seek help from sales management early rather than waiting until the situation becomes critical.
- Do your best to treat your customer in a way that says, “Thank you for being a customer. I look forward to working with you for a long time.”
Relationships take time to grow. The most successful salespeople have relationships they take with them for their entire career. If you can avoid productizing the fundamentals of a relationship, do it. Remember that the ABC’s of Social Selling are Always Be Creating. So create relationships that last.
That does it for this social selling tip of the day. In addition to this daily tip, check out the Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales on iTunes, Google Play Music, Stitcher, YouTube and Tunein. You can even ask Alexa to play the Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales.
If you want to check out any of my other social selling tips, visit LinkingIntoSales.com/alexa to listen to each tip or read the transcript. And for social selling training on-demand visit SocialSelling.Training.
This is Greg Hyer. Let’s Start Linking into Sales!