It’s time for a social selling tune up! Kick 2017 off right with Martin Brossman, Greg Hyer and Elyse Archer as they offer a number of suggestions to help you give your social selling routine a tune up. Some of these suggestions are practical while others ask you to take an introspective look at yourself.
- There’s real value in being authentic. But when you share your problems without a clear commitment it will sound like whining. Make sure your sharing is authentic with real intent.
- What is your structure for guaranteeing success in 2017? Don’t just rely on willpower.
- Bravery is saying the things that need to be said to an audience of your enemies. It’s not courageous to preach to the choir. In sales, take calculated risks that put you outside your comfort zone.
- Refresh your LinkedIn Profile Headline and Summary sections. Use keywords and check where you appear when you search LinkedIn for those keywords.
- Purge Twitter unfollowers using Statusbrew.com and check it weekly for new unfollowers.
- Modify my sales game. Am I in it for short term gain so I can quickly rise to fame or am I in it for the long haul, learning and helping along the way. How am I going to get to the top of the mountain, via a rocket or on foot?
- Think about - what is the message I want to communicate this year? Am I being bold enough and vulnerable enough with my message, if I am publishing my own content.
- Get on a good schedule for managing your social media, if you aren’t already
- Think about what platforms have I not mastered yet that I should, what should I be open to that I haven’t explored yet?
Social Selling News
LinkedIn is rolling out a new user interface to their desktop experience. Some users report having access to the new design. This roll out will likely take weeks to complete as they work out the bugs. Read more about LinkedIn’s new desktop redesign here.
B2B Social Selling Training Online
Check out our new course: Establishing a Social Selling Routine.
Visit SocialSelling.Training to access the most comprehensive online social selling training available. Register and we will start your training off for free with two courses; Linking Profile Fundamental for the Social Seller and Twitter Profile Fundamentals for the Social Seller. In addition, we will show you how the path to social selling was blazed in our “Introduction to Social Selling” lesson. These courses are free and will be updated as changes are rolled out to LinkedIn and Twitter. Visit SocialSelling.Training to register today.
Audio Run-time: 55:37
The Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support sales and buying cycles and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales