Today we talk with Neal Isaacs, an account executive at Time Warner Cable Media and creator of the Prospectorâ€™s Path online course, about sales prospecting and lead generation.
But first, some odd news. We uncovered reports that a car crashed into LinkedInâ€™s Mountain View Offices. No one was hurt and it doesnâ€™t appear this was someone upset about the changes to LinkedIn Groups đź™‚ You can read more about this story from NBC: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Car-Crashes-Into-LinkedIn-HQ-in-Mountain-View-378974981.html
Neal took a nontraditional path to sales. He started as a biologist swimming with sharks in the Great Smoky Mountains of Gatlinburg, TN the before moving to the Triangle to open a niche aquarium shop. Upon selling his retail facility he entered the world of B2B sales by way of the copier sales industry before moving into media sales five years ago. Along the way he learned how to utilize social media to break through to his prospects. He shares his discoveries through his blog at ProProspectors.com and companion eCourse The Prospectorâ€™s Path.
Here are a few of the questions will be asking Neal Isaacs:
How did your unique path lead you to utilizing social selling to connect with new prospects?
- Which social media platforms do you use for B2B prospecting?
- What is your process for prospecting using social tools?
- I understand you are very specific about your referrals, can you share more about that?
- What are some specific tools that you use every day for social prospecting?
- What led you to start your blog ProProspectors?
- Iâ€™ve heard you speak about your monkey theory of social mediaâ€¦ whatâ€™s that about?
Visit SocialSelling.TrainingÂ to start your online training. Register and we will start your training off for free with two courses; Linking Profile Fundamental for the Social Seller and Twitter Profile Fundamentals for the Social Seller. In addition, we will show you how the path to social selling was blazed in our “Introduction to Social Selling” lesson. These courses are free and will be updated as changes are rolled out to LinkedIn and Twitter.Â Visit SocialSelling.TrainingÂ to register today.
The Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales is sponsored in kind by North Carolina State University - Technology Training Solutions. Please be sure to visit to learn more about their professional continuing education opportunities so you too can sharpen your technology skills and remain competitive in your industry.
Audio Run-time: 43:25
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter:Â Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group:Â https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle:Â https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube:Â https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook:Â Facebook.com/linkingintosales