The Social Selling Podcast brings back Kevin Thomas Tully to discuss buyer intent and why is the new standard in sales data. It enables both the social and non-social sales professional to personalize and leverage real-time conversations wherever and whenever they occur.
Kevin Thomas Tully is a globally-recognized Social Selling and Big Data strategist who employed the principles of Social Selling long before the term entered the popular business vernacular.
A Johns Hopkins-trained scientist, Kevin has applied predictive analytics and data mining to the sales process for more than a decade to gain a strategic marketplace advantage for leading brands worldwide. In his current role as Global Director of Social Selling Operations at Creation Agency, Kevin drives sales and marketing enablement strategies and revenue growth throughout digitally-savvy organizations.
5 Buyer Intent Data Behaviors to Avoid:
- IP or Cookie-Based “Intent Data” Providers. If you ever hear the word “surging” - Run. Run Fast.
- Buyer Intent Data that cannot be delivered LIVE. “If it takes too long, you know it’s wrong.” 🙂
- Don’t be a sucker for a pretty (inter) face. Shiny things are nice, but give me the best data any day.
- Sales and Marketing communicate with people at companies. Not the reverse. If your Buyer Intent Data does not include First and Last Name, Company Name, Role, Email Address, Geographic Location, Phone Number and Type of Interaction, is it truly Buyer Intent Data? (It is not.)
- Always personalize your LinkedIn connection requests. Anything else is lazy and spammy. (OK, this is not technically a buyer intent data behavior, but it’s relevant nonetheless).
B2B Social Selling Training Online
Visit SocialSelling.Training to access the most comprehensive online social selling training available. Start your training off for with two courses; Linking Profile Fundamental for the Social Seller and Twitter Profile Fundamentals for the Social Seller. In addition, we will show you how the path to social selling was blazed in our “Introduction to Social Selling” lesson. These courses are free and will be updated as changes are rolled out to LinkedIn and Twitter. Visit SocialSelling.Training to register today.
Audio Run-time: 51:13
The Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support sales and buying cycles and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales