Martin Brossman talks with an old friend, Brian Lambert, PhD. They discussed a number of topics like if sales can be a distinguished profession like a doctor or a lawyer. Lambert draws correlation to the sales professional needed to become more like a lawyer or a doctor.
They also discusses some of the biggest challenges for salespeople and customers:
- Sorting through 1 million soundbites, can be hard to prioritize and sync up
- Time management is key in order to find the time to sort through the sound bites for your customers and also stay in front of them with value-added follow up.
- How do you create a shared vision of success with the customer?
- Sales pros are finding it more difficult to focus and are becoming overwhelm by being bombarded with information and learning.
- Salespeople don’t take enough time to dissect what’s going well and what’s not going well with their sales process. Students of the game have to learn how to learn.
Following the interview Martin Brossman, Greg Hyer and Elyse Archer discuss the interview and call attention to a number of points in the interview.
Visit SocialSelling.Training to start your online training. Register and we will start your training off for free with two courses; Linking Profile Fundamental for the Social Seller and Twitter Profile Fundamentals for the Social Seller. In addition, we will show you how the path to social selling was blazed in our “Introduction to Social Selling” lesson. These courses are free and will be updated as changes are rolled out to LinkedIn and Twitter. Visit SocialSelling.Training to register today.
The Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales is sponsored in kind by North Carolina State University - Technology Training Solutions. Please be sure to visit to learn more about their professional continuing education opportunities so you too can sharpen your technology skills and remain competitive in your industry.
Audio Run-time: 44:31
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales