Sales Enablement is more than just content and training
Dr. Brian Lambert is the Founder of the Sales Enablement Society and Managing Director at Oxygen Learning in Washington D.C. Dr. Lambert has spent his career helping salespeople become better at their job through the creation of the Compendium of Sales and his work at Oxygen Training. In this episode of the Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales, we will talk with Dr. Lambert about sales enablement and how it’s critical to #socialselling success.
In this episode we start by asking Dr. Lambert to explain what sales enablement is. He sees sales enablement as a set of skills that address four business functions:
- HR and Learning connection to sales (talent/ training/ learning)
- Administration piece - admin workload is high on a sales professional, how can they be freed up?
- Marketing and sales intersection with content
- Operational view - forecasting, pipeline demand, etc
We also ask Dr. Lambert how does sales enablement relate to social selling? He pointed out that sales enablement should be the ones to build a service to help sellers get in front of an executive and look at it end to end. They must ask Sales what do they need to know and do to get in front of the CXO. They need to help sales understand empathy. This comes from a variety of inputs including social. Once a sales person has access, sales enablement can help by recommending what to say to prospects. Content is critical as well. Sales enablement must also track to know what worked and if the salesperson was able to get in front of executives.
Dr. Lambert mentioned the formation of the Sales Enablement Society. On November 18, 2020 they will be holding their first conference in West Palm Beach, FL. To learn more, please visit http://www.sesociety.org/.
Social Selling News
- LinkedIn Launches new Salary tool
- Twitter is shutting down Vine and laying off 9% of their worldwide workforce. That’s about 350 people, mainly focused on their sales and marketing teams and closing multiple offices in Europe including Germany and the Netherlands.
- LinkedIn rolling out an update to make Skills and Endorsement more relevant to profile visitors.
Social Selling App to Check Out
- Silk Prospector - Find anyone’s email address via their LinkedIn profile with this Google Chrome extension. 50 free emails per month, 300 a month at $25. 95% accuracy.
B2B Social Selling Training Online
Check out our new course: Establishing a Social Selling Routine.
Visit SocialSelling.Training to access the most comprehensive online social selling training available. Register and we will start your training off for free with two courses; Linking Profile Fundamental for the Social Seller and Twitter Profile Fundamentals for the Social Seller. In addition, we will show you how the path to social selling was blazed in our “Introduction to Social Selling” lesson. These courses are free and will be updated as changes are rolled out to LinkedIn and Twitter. Visit SocialSelling.Training to register today.
Thank you to our Sponsor
The Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales is sponsored in kind by North Carolina State University - Technology Training Solutions. Please be sure to visit to learn more about their professional continuing education opportunities so you too can sharpen your technology skills and remain competitive in your industry.
Audio Run-time: 56:38
The Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support sales and buying cycles and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales