Greg Hyer and Martin Brossman discuss an email Greg received about building a professional network. Greg had referred someone for a job but was not selected for the position. Greg recommended that this person continue to work to develop their professional network but he did not understand this because he has not had a job yet and did not think he knew any professionals. So he asked how he could start building a network even though he doesn’t have a job.
Greg and Martin take this question and discuss their past before they established their professional networks. Tips include having courage to attend events, finding the right events, taking the opportunity to talk to people and having the confidence to do so. It’s important to remember that just because you’re out of work or have not got a job and have limited resources does not mean that you don’t have something to offer.
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales