Creating Personal Influence for Social Selling
In social selling, creating personal influence can be the difference between making quota and not making quote. Stephanie Sammons, a corporate renegade turned entrepreneur, talks with Martin Brossman and Greg Hyer about why influence is so important in social selling.
About Our Guest: Stephanie Sammons
Stephanie left her 15-year corporate financial services career in the midst of the global financial crisis at the age of 40 to pursue her dream of becoming an entrepreneur.
As an entrepreneur, Stephanie went from being completely ‘unknown’ in the digital business and marketing industry to emerging as a top thought leader and influencer. She’s been named a Top 30 Marketing Thought Leader and Top 25 Social Media Expert by LinkedIn.
Stephanie’s work with entrepreneurs and business owners across the globe combines her high-trust relationship marketing and selling experience with modern digital media and social networking strategies.
In her book, Linked to Influence, Stephanie shares 7 powerful rules for LinkedIn success:
- How to power up your LinkedIn profile with precision
- How to build a smarter LinkedIn network
- How to grow your LinkedIn visibility through value
- How to network smarter on LinkedIn
- How to go ‘one-to-one’ with anyone on LinkedIn
- How to get LinkedIn to groups
- How to become a trusted thought leader on LinkedIn
Stephanie’s three P’s of creating influence are:
Stephanie also recommends using LinkedIn’s messaging feature to make introductions rather than the Introduction tool. It’s similar to adding someone’s email address to the email field.
Influence is the gateway to relationship building, makes your stock more valuable.
Visit SocialSelling.Training to start your online training. Register and we will start your training off for free with two courses; Linking Profile Fundamental for the Social Seller and Twitter Profile Fundamentals for the Social Seller. In addition, we will show you how the path to social selling was blazed in our “Introduction to Social Selling” lesson. These courses are free and will be updated as changes are rolled out to LinkedIn and Twitter. Visit SocialSelling.Training to register today.
The Social Selling Podcast by Linking into Sales is sponsored in kind by North Carolina State University – Technology Training Solutions. Please be sure to visit to learn more about their professional continuing education opportunities so you too can sharpen your technology skills and remain competitive in your industry.
Audio Run-time: 43:34
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales