What goes into a Social Selling Routine? Greg Hyer, Martin Brossman and Elyse Archer share each of their perspectives on what goes into a sales routine. Each stress how important a routine is critical for any sales professional.
For most of us, routines need support to stay in existence. Here are a few questions to consider asking yourself:
- How are you going to set yourself up for success?
- What context or environment do you need to keep a routine alive?
- What are the emotional drivers that will inspire you to consistent action on your social selling routine for 2016?
- What has worked the best in the past where you stuck with a routine the longest?
- Is your motivation strategy a moving away from or toward strategy? Are you more motivated by Goals or Challenges to solve?
Prior to outsourcing some of what I do:
Daily (start of day)
– put up one post on FB, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn
End of day:
1. Check to see if I have outstanding messages or comments to reply to on any of my social platforms
2. Send connection request with custom message to people who looked at my LinkedIn profile that day…
I noticed you visited my profile – I’m curious as to what brought you by? If there’s anything I can do to help you in your business please don’t hesitate to reach out!
3. Check to see if there’s anyone I spoke to or worked with that day for whom I should write a LinkedIn recommendation
4. Prep for meetings the next day: look through the LinkedIn connections of people I’m meeting with the next day to see who I might ask for an introduction to
5. Send LinkedIn messages to everyone who sent me a connection request without context
Thanks for the connection request. I’m happy to connect here and help you in your business in any way that I can.
If you have a chance to answer three quick questions, that would help me to help you:
1. What prompted your connection request?
2. What type of people are you looking to meet?
3. Who out of my connections would be a good introduction for you today?
To Your Success,
Weekly – New to my routine – pull 10 people from my VP of sales target list on LinkedIn who I want to connect with. Send connection requests along with a request for a call.
- Have VA put up a daily post, either a blog I’ve written or a blog one of the people I follow and whose philosophy I agree with has written
- She alerts me when I have new messages in
Seeking more discipline is not an efficient way to go. For example, if you are on a diet removing cookies for the house is more efficient than trying to stop yourself with more discipline from eating them.
Questions and thoughts to consider:
What’s the difference between quota and goal? – Individual quotas lead to business goals
Remember to ask yourself “Do your quotas lead to goals?”
Why is routine so important when it comes to quotas and goals?
Can behavior chains help drive quota and goal attainment?
“If this, then that” approach to routine
Does reducing options help achieve quota and goals?
Answer why you want this to occur
Audio Run-time: 46:37
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales