Understanding How to Publish a Long-Form Post
Martin Brossman and Greg Hyer bring you the latest installment of Linking into Sales – The Social Selling Podcast. Martin and Greg show you how LinkedIn’s long form content posting works and what to expect. LinkedIn is trying to position itself as a content publisher and open up its platform for professionals to share their experience. This is designed to what Jeff Weiner of LinkedIn is calling, the Economic Graphic. Martin and Greg use Google Hangouts to walk through how to publish a long form post. So watch the video to see what they are talking about.
A couple things to keep in mind:
- Click on the Pencil in the Status Update box to write your long form post.
- Keep in mind that LinkedIn does enforce <rel=NOFOLLOW> on links you include in your posts. No Google Juice for you!
- Use the preview button before you publish. Formatting can look a little weird. We recommend using pasting from plain text editors.
- No, Greg’s face didn’t evaporate on the show.
Share your long-form posts with us on Twitter and LinkedIn. Be sure to share them with the Linking into Sales Group too. See the links below.
Run time: 10:25
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales