Part 2 of the Lease a Sales Rep Interview with Gil Pagan
Step 1 The exploratory call/meeting find out their needs
- Go over their pain (tell me what’s going on – open ended questions)
- Say that there may not be a fit here, but we will determine that together
- Discuss your solutions/service offering
- Discuss you pricing, if applicable (don’t negotiate on price)
- Discuss your contract terms if applicable
- Help me to understand the decision making process internally
- Your timeline after I send you a quote what happens next? get a date for follow-up after quote is done. hound them approval
Step 2 Send quote
- Send them a quote follow-up.
- Follow-up, get commitment on the quote when connected get decision, or next steps if they want a contract to review or references-get commitment 1st. usually a blow-off.
Step 3 Follow-through and P.U.S.H. (Persist Until Something Happens)
- Follow-up, with email. We agreed to re-connect after x date?
- Follow steps again
- If they delay, analyze ( $$$, other vendors, unsure) then decide to kick them out of your funnel for now drip em.
Bonus: Send the “Did you fall of the face of the earth” email.
Include the following questions:
- Have your priorities have changed?
- Is money is the issue?
- Did I do something wrong?
- Is it something else?
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales