Greg Hyer and Martin Brossman kick off 2015 with a question from one of our listeners. Kent asks, “How do you use social selling to sell in industries that are not social?”
Greg and Martin dispel the myth that the people you need to reach are not social. They discuss how most that work in traditional industries are likely using Facebook to keep up with family and friends. And when it comes to friends there’s a great chance that they have developed a trusted circle that a salesperson could identify and become a part of.
Keep in mind while you are listening that social selling is about opening, not closing new business. It’s about building relationships using techniques that establish trust and lead to business.
Some of the techniques discussed include:
1. Follow the digital footprint
a. Learn as much as we can from the information they share.
b. Determine the best way to engage by discovering their interests.
c. Lay the groundwork for the buyer’s journey
2. Welcome them to the buyer’s journey
a. Tell the story that leads them to their happy ending
b. Requires storyboarding of content that you will share
c. Requires good listening to identify key concerns
The Linking into Sales Social Selling Podcast is a professional development podcast geared towards sales and marketing professionals that use social media tools and networks to support the sales process and help them become more proficient in social selling.
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/linkingin2sales
- Join our LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2450586
- Add us to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/+LinkingIntoSales
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/LinkingSales
- Talk with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/linkingintosales